- This event has passed.
Multidisciplinary Collaboration Series- Module 4: Psychologists & ABA
April 18, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm CDT$79
LEVEL: Intermediate – Advanced
CEU: 2 Type-II (BACB®)
Psychologists and Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs® ) often work with the same student or client in the school and clinic settings. Both fields share the same ultimate goal for the client: “Meaningful functional and socially-significant change.” However, each profession has its own area of expertise in evidence-based modalities in helping the student/client achieve his/her goals. The differences in modalities and misunderstanding of the respective fields, at times, can create tension and ultimately decrease progress for the student/client.
In our 4th installment of the Multidisciplinary Collaboration Series, we examine the fields of Psychology and Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) in a hybrid didadic and symposium format and bridge the gap by addressing best practices in collaboration to achieve better outcomes for our students and clients.
- Identify the role of a Psychologist School/Clinic settings
- Identify the role of a Behavior Analyst in School/Clinic settings
- Describe the history and competencies of both professions
- Identify common terminology of Psychologists and BCBAs
- List best practices in collaboration to achieve greater outcomes for the client/student