- Gain an understanding of what a Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA) is and why it’s used
- Gain overall understanding of common FBA procedures
- Learn how to select and define target behaviors
- Learn how to collect information on target behaviors using indirect and direct assessment methods
- Understand how FBA results can be used to develop interventions to address mild to moderate problem behaviors (i.e., behaviors not dangerous to student or others)
- To enhance the learning experience, this training will incorporate real case studies and include practical tools and resource materials.
<< Back To Dashboard An essential part of developing effective behavior interventions to treat problem behavior is identifying when, where and why of behavior. This webinar will provide students with a basic framework that can be used to conduct simple, yet effective Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs). FBA is a procedure used to collect valuable information to identify root causes of problem behavior, a critical element to developing effective Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs). This 1 ½ hour course is designed to provide students with foundational knowledge, a prerequisite for our new series, Practical and Hands-on Approach to Conducting Effective Functional Behavior Assessments (FBAs). Learning objectives include: