Educating young adults and adults on safe sexual practices is important for their health and happiness. Individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities have sexual desires too, and it can be difficult to teach these individuals how to handle sex appropriately and safely. Ever Learning‘s Sexuality Training and Human Development Social Story Curriculum Series helps young adults and adults with Autism and other developmental disabilities to begin to understand the importance of dating and practicing safe sex. Accurate illustrations and simplified text will teach these individuals appropriate sexual practices that will lead to healthier and happier lives.
Ever Learning‘s Social stories are short illustrated books that help teach individuals, affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), specific social “rules” or “norms” that are generally accepted in society. Each set is a self-contained comprehensive teaching solution that comes with an integrated set of tools, including a teaching guide. These products are designed to work in conjunction with each other to teach a student the foundational social skills necessary for building success and independence.
This Sexuality Training social stories bundle includes the following titles:
- Protecting Myself from Pregnancy and STDs Social Story Curriculum
- Practicing Safe Sex with My Partner Social Story Curriculum
- Finding My Way Through Dating and Relationships Social Story Curriculum
- Finding My Way Through Dating and Relationships (Same Sex) Social Story Curriculum
- Simplified text and realistic illustrations facilitate easier understanding
- Breaks down a difficult subject matter and makes teaching it easier for parents
- Defines key terms associated with puberty in easy-to-understand language
The Social Story Set includes:
- Full-page illustrated social story coded by skill(s) and age
- Portable social rule cards to provide additional teaching support when on the go
- Self-Help Skills
- Social Skills
- Communication Skills
Note: This product is DOWNLOADABLE ONLY. Purchase does not include hard copies.